Ganondagan partners with nonprofit matching-fund initiative #GivingTuesdayNow.
Submitted By Friends of Ganondagan
To honor and promote Seneca and Haudenosaunee history and culture and to strengthen traditions through inspirational and transformational programming and other activities at Ganondagan with special emphasis on:
• Encouraging respect and understanding between Native Americans and non-native Americans.
• Collaborating with NYS, Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) and the local community to support and develop Ganondagan State Historic Site.
• Extending values to the public that are alternatives to the popular culture.
• Developing Native American youth and educating them in the wisdom of their elders.
• Collaborating with other indigenous people of the world as well as with diverse religious and ethnic communities to promote the common values of peace, cooperation and respect for each other and the natural world.
Now more than ever, we need Ganondagan’s values of peace, cooperation, and respect!
We thank you for helping to promote Ganondagan’s vital values of peace, cooperation, and respect for each other and the natural world.
Friends of Ganondagan partnered with the Nonprofit Matching-Fund Initiative, on May 5 for #GivingTuesdayNow. This global day of giving and unity was created as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Spring and summer typically are Ganondagan’s busiest seasons for programming. Cancellations—especially our Indigenous Music & Arts Festival that bring in much-needed funds—have a severe impact on us as an organization.
Your donation dollars were stretched even further during #GivingTuesdayNow thanks to the Nonprofit Matching Fund initiative.
We hope you’ve been enjoying our virtual events on FB Live, including Storytelling and “Ten Minute Teachings” (Wednesdays & Fridays at 11 am). Please follow us on FB & Instagram for upcoming virtual programs.
Ganondagan State Historic Site trails are OPEN. Please respect social distancing rules while receiving the benefits of the natural world.
As always, we wish you and your family health and safety. Nya:wëh