Please Continue to stay Safe & Healthy
The Clerk’s Office continues to monitor the current pandemic & practice safety measures that protect the Clerk’s Office staff and Community as a whole, please watch for changes. Nya:wëh!
CLERK’S OFFICE UPDATE
The Clerk’s Office on the Cattaraugus Territory has re-opened our doors with safety protocols in place. If you have not been 100% vaccinated, you must wear a mask and social distance.
The Clerk’s Office on the Allegany Territory will be opening soon, we will remain open with a walk-up window for limited services. Our hours are Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. We encourage members to bring their own pen if needed, as a safety precaution.
Please have your SNI Enrollment # ready when you are visiting or calling the Clerk’s Office.
We are happy to announce the Allegany & Cattaraugus Clerk’s Office are now accepting Credit/Debit Card as a form of payment for Id’s, utility bills, business & fishing licenses, etc.
ANNUITY CLOTH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP ANYTIME IN BOTH ALLEGANY & CATTARAUGUS CLERK’S OFFICES.
William Seneca Building – Cattaraugus Territory – (716) 532-4900 ext. 5000
Cattaraugus Clerk’s Office Staff
Marta Kettle – Clerk
Geraldine Huff, Executive Assistant (Notary Public)
Kelly Mohawk, Deeds Recorder
Leslie Cooke, Executive Secretary (Notary Public)
Tammi Stafford, Administrative Assistant (Notary Public)
Ashley Warrior, Administrative Assistant
Lori Waterman, Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Dana Maybee, Business Permit Officer
Seneca Allegany Administration Building – Allegany Territory – (716) 945-1790 ext. 3000
Allegany Clerk’s Office Staff
Bethany Johnson, Deputy Clerk (Notary Public)
Charisse Ground, Executive Secretary
Sue Case, Enrollment Officer
Leslie R. John, Enrollment Assistant
Kathleen “Yomie” Hill, Administrative Assistant
Lexus McClune, Administrative Assistant
Olivia Sanford, Receptionist
The Buffalo Office Staff & Location – (716) 845-6304 or (716) 951-7555
Buffalo Office works in Conjunction with the Clerk’s Office
Ramona Marion – Director
Stephanie Maybee – Administrative Assistant
Judson Logan – Tutor
533 Amherst Street
Buffalo, NY 14207
IN PERSON REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT (See Notice below regarding “RESUMING ENROLLMENT APPEARANCE REQUIREMENT)
Please get your Annual In Person Registration completed before December 31, 2021, if you are unsure of your current registration status please feel free to give the Clerk’s Office a call and ask.
CLERK’S OFFICE FORMS
Completed forms can be mailed along with a copy of your photo identification as proof of identify if you are unable to obtain a notary to: Seneca Nation of Indians, 90 Ohi:yo’ Way, Salamanca NY 14779.
All forms are available online at www.sni.org under Clerk’s Office documents.
Please remember to keep your address current with the Clerk’s Office. This includes changes with custody of minor children or legal guardians (Court orders).
• BURIAL FUND
A Burial fund has been designated to pay for funeral expenses up to $7000 for enrolled members. For additional details, please contact the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours.
• DIRECT DEPOSIT OF ANNUITY AND/OR ELDERS PAYMENTS
If you would like to sign up for Direct Deposit of your Annuity and/or Elders Check, you will have to complete the form. The form is available on the web at www.sni.org under Documents/Clerk’s Office / Direct Deposit forms or at the Clerk’s Office.
• All direct deposit forms MUST have attached a voided check or deposit slip (start-up checks will NOT be accepted).
• Members must be at least 18 years old to sign up for Direct Deposit
• Minors are NOT eligible for Direct Deposit
If you receive direct deposit, it is your responsibility to keep your address updated with the Clerk’s Office.
• RELEASE OF MINORS TRUST FUND
In order to begin receiving Minor Trust Fund disbursements. A member must be at least 18 years old and submit the following documentation:
• Application for Release of Minors Trust
• High School Diploma / GED
• Financial Literacy Certificate (http://seneca.cm3solutions.com)
If you need to obtain a Financial Literacy Certificate please contact the Seneca Nation Education Department for details. Contact Info: Allegany Territory – Seneca Nation Education Department (716) 945-1790, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cattaraugus Territory – Seneca Nation Education Department (716) 532-3341, email@example.com.
Welcome our recent enrollments to the Seneca Nation!
FOUR (4) ADDITIONS TO THE SENECA NATION ROLL – JULY 10, 2021 REGULAR SESSION OF COUNCIL
- Lucy Angelina Heins – Wolf
- Luci Claire Johnson – Bear
- Aleigha Deon Lloyd Rivers – Turtle
- Franklin Charles White – Beaver
On Behalf of the Seneca Nation we send our heartfelt condolences to the families and friends that have lost their loved ones.
NINE (9) DELETIONS TO THE SENECA NATION ROLL – JULY 10, 2021 REGULAR SESSION OF COUNCIL
- Patricia A. Curry – Snipe
- Henry Deoca – Deer
- Rebecca Mae Jimerson – Wolf
- Phyllis G. Lawson – Wolf
- Robert Allen Lee – Turtle
- Nadine Neamon – Turtle
- Penny Anne Nestell – Wolf
- Alice Jane Perkins – Turtle
Due to Covid-19, the in person requirement for enrollment has been temporarily suspended, therefore we are asking parents who recently have or will be having their child(ren) enrolled and wishes to have their child(s) pictures included in future editions of the SN Newsletter, please email a picture to: Leslie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Bjohnson@sni.org
We would like to say Nya:wëh for your patience and understanding during this time and please watch for updates as this may change unexpectedly. Any changes will be posted online.
The Seneca Nation Clerks Office is seeking Individuals interested in Invocating/Opening with Gano:nyok for Council each month. Anyone interested for Allegany may contact Charisse Ground at Charisse.email@example.com, 716-945-1790 ext. 3036 and for Cattaraugus you may contact Leslie Cooke at Leslie.firstname.lastname@example.org, 716-532-4900, ext. 5038.
Seeking Non-Profit Organizations
The Seneca Nation Clerk’s Office is seeking Non-Profit Organizations to serve refreshments and or dinner during Council each month.
Anyone Organization interested for Allegany may contact Charisse Ground at Charisse.email@example.com, 716-945-1790 ext. 3036 and for Cattaraugus you may contact Leslie Cooke at Leslie.firstname.lastname@example.org, 716-532-4900, ext. 5038 to request a form. Forms are also available at the Clerk’s Office. Any questions or can be directed to Charisse Ground or Leslie Cook.
TO APPROVE RESUMING ENROLLMENT APPEARANCE REQUIREMENT
At the Regular Session of Council held on July 10, 2021 Council approved a Resolution to Approve Resuming Enrollment Appearance Requirement that was waived due to COVID-19.
WHEREAS, the Seneca Nation Council temporarily waived the in person enrollment appearance requirement of the Nation’s Enrollment Ordinance, as amended on March 12, 2016, in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic and the President’s State of Emergency; and
WHEREAS, the rate of infection of Coronavirus among the Seneca people has been reduced to a point that it is now relatively safe to resume in person enrollment; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that, should the infection rate continue to remain stable or decline, the Nation Council hereby reinstates the in-person enrollment requirement effective October 1, 2021.
SENECA NATION ENTERPRISE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Seneca Nation is seeking enrolled members of the Nation who are interested in serving on the:
SENECA NATION ENTERPRISE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(1 – Member of Cattaraugus Territory)
Purpose – The Board is organized for the purposes of managing the Nation’s Enterprises (Seneca Gaming & Entertainment, Seneca One Stop and Highbanks Campground). The Nation intends that the Board shall assume all obligations, responsibilities and duties of the Nation under the Enterprises except that the Nation reserves from the Board all regulatory, legislative and other governmental power.
Article 3 – The Board
3.1 Board. The Nation’s Enterprises shall be governed by a Board, subject to the provisions and limitations of the Nation’s laws, applicable federal laws and this Charter.
3.2 Purposes. The Board is established for the purpose of providing overall policy and strategic direction for the Enterprise operations of the Nation, consistent with this Charter and specific direction provided by Council.
3.3 Specific Powers. Subject to the provisions and limitations of the Nation’s laws, the Board shall have the power and authority to: See Charter Section 3.3
Qualifications of Board Members. Any candidate for the Board shall be eligible to serve as a member of the Board only if all of the following criteria are satisfied:
· Is at least twenty-one (21) years old;
· Is an enrolled member of the Seneca Nation;
· Has earned an associate degree or higher, preferably in gaming, hospitality, or a business-related field;
· At a minimum, at least one Board member must have a financial background – A Public Accountancy degree is preferred;
· Will be deemed a “Primary Management Official” and therefore must be eligible for and obtain a Class II “key” employee gaming license through the Seneca Gaming Authority, pass other necessary background checks, and maintain the license for the duration of the term as a board member.
· Prohibitions. Board members and their immediate family (or persons residing in the same household) shall be prohibited from conducting with or profiting from the activities of any of the Enterprises, whether directly or indirectly. This prohibition may not be waived. Board members shall be considered “Public officials” for purposes of the Nation’s Ethics Law. Additionally, the following persons are not eligible to serve as Board members (a) employees of the Nation’s Enterprises; (b) owners or employees of contractors who conduct business with the Enterprises; (c) owners or employees of a business in direct competition with the Enterprises; (d) persons directly related to persons listed in (a),(b) or (c). For purposes of this Charter “immediate family” and “persons directly related” means being related to a person in the following ways: (i) husband/wife (including unmarried cohabitating relationships), (ii) mother/father (iii) child (natural or adopted (iv) brother/sister (v) aunt/uncle (vi) niece/nephew or (vii) grandparent/grandchild.
If interested, please submit a letter of intent & current resume/qualifications to the address listed below no later than: August 12, 2021 to:
Seneca Nation of Indians Clerk’s Office
Attention: Marta L. Kettle, Clerk
12837 Route 438
Irving, New York 14081
Posted 07/12/2021; SN Newsletter 07/21