Mask Mandate for Seneca Nation Government Facilities
WHEREAS, The Seneca Nation is responsible for the health, safety and well-being of our members, residents and employees and is taking precautions to reduce the impacts of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) on our community members and their families, and
WHEREAS, there has been an increase in the number of individuals in the area who have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, primarily among the unvaccinated, and while fully vaccinated individuals generally remain protected from the most severe symptoms of COVID 19, we remain concerned about the spread of the virus, and
WHEREAS, the Seneca Nation COVID-19 Response Task Force has recommended that the Seneca Nation reinstate the mask requirements for Nation owned facilities,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT
• All individuals (both visitors and employees) entering the Nation’s government facilities must wear a mask while indoors.
• Fully vaccinated employees may remove their mask if they are in their office areas and able to maintain a distance of six feet from other employees.
• Visitors to government facilities (defined as all Nation owned buildings, not including gaming operations or Seneca One Stops) must remain masked while on the premises.
• Mask requirements for patrons of Nation gaming operations (Class II and Class III) and customers of Nation owned retail operations shall be determined in collaboration with management of the Nation’s gaming and retail operations.
• Nation Employees of SG&E, SGA and the Seneca One-Stops whose job requires interaction with the public are required to wear masks while in public areas of each facility to protect themselves and the public . Otherwise, fully vaccinated employees may remove their mask if they are in non-public areas of the facilities and able to maintain a distance of six feet from other employees.
• Employees of SGC and subsidiaries shall follow directives as set forth by the SGC Management and Board.
August 26 , 2021
Matthew B. Pagels, President
SENECA NATION OF INDIANS