WEAR PURPLE- JUNE 15
For Elder Abuse Awareness Day
Elders are an important part of our community. They are our wisdom keepers and first teachers. They deserve our respect and protection. Sadly, elder abuse most often occurs at home and by family members or caregivers. Most cases of elder abuse are undetected, under-reported, and unresolved.
On June 15th show that you care by wearing purple. Help raise awareness of this important and often overlooked issue. Reach out to elders in your life. Show that you care and appreciate them.
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, neglect, or exploitation – please reach out for help:
• In cases of immediate danger call 911.
• To report abuse or neglect at home: Call NYS Adult Protective Services (844) 697-3505
• To report nursing home abuse or neglect: Call NYS Long-term Care Ombudsman Program (855) 582-6769
• Seneca Nation Crime Victim Services: (716) 532-8339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 24/7 Victim Services Hotline: (716) 532-8185
We will cherish the elders.