The Seneca Nation AOA is now able to provide expanded personal care services to qualifying Elders on the Cattaraugus and Allegany territories. Both offices employ a Respite Worker and Personal Care Aide to serve qualifying Elders on-territory:
- Respite Workers provide services like shopping assistance, essential errands, friendly visiting, meal preparation or supervision to temporarily relieve the Elder’s caregiver.
- Personal Care Aides are able to provide the services listed above as well as bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and transferring.
To be eligible for respite or personal care:
- You must be an Elder (60+)
- Live on the Cattaraugus or Allegany territories
- Have cognitive or physical limitations (determined through an in-home assessment with AOA case managers)
The Seneca Nation AOA was established to ensure that Seneca Elders have the opportunity to age with dignity, manage their own lives and remain independent and productive members of the Seneca community and within their families. To see if you or your loved one qualify for personal or respite care, please contact AOA case managers: Allegany – Teresa Redeye (716) 945-8414, Cattaraugus – Shantel Burning (716) 532-5777.